Recycling at home is a common practice, especially among property owners who are concerned with preserving the environment. When it comes to the workplace, however, things like recycle bins for offices might not be a very popular topic. Not many people understand that recycling in their workplace will create a greater impact on other people and on the environment. It’s also not difficult to implement, especially if the company creates specific rules which employees can follow.
Take little steps at a time
Offices don’t need to create a huge change to implement a successful recycling program. It can start as a little step like placing a simple recycling bin. Simple things like this one will benefit the business as well.
Here are some benefits of implementing recycling programs:
- Additional savings – Did you know that you can save more money by reducing waste and recycling stuff? Take paper coffee cups for example. How many cups do you need to purchase every month? Imagine how much you can save if you stop purchasing these cups. You can let your employees bring their own cups or provide each with one, so they don’t have to use paper cups too often.
- Cleaner and greener surroundings – Try adding a small compost kitchen bin, so anyone can easily scrape food scraps inside it. Just make sure that no foul odours will come out from it. You can use a charcoal filter for this matter. In addition, you can also use the compost bin to grow plants and vegetables in your office.
- Improve the image of the company – Recycling programs will not only create a great impact inside the office. It will also improve the image of the company because recycling shows how it handles responsibility. If you give more effort in implementing these programs, you will help boost office morale and increase client loyalty in many ways. Check it out at EcoBin
How to implement recycling programs
- Begin with a plan – Recycling programs always need to start with a solid plan. This means you have to set rules and goals before implementing the program. Make sure to consider your office waste management so you can formulate a recycling program. This will help you determine if you need major or minor changes, such as by simply adding a compost bin kitchen.
- Educate your employees – Don’t implement recycling programs or simply place random recycle bins for offices. Make sure that your employees also understand what the whole recycling program is about. Don’t forget to ask professionals to help you with this matter.
- Launch the recycling program – You can now implement your recycling program. However, you need to make sure that it’s strictly implemented. If you and your employees constantly recycle things in your office, it will become eventually become a habit. When this happens, your office will always be clean, organized, and well-maintained.
If you are interested in starting a recycling program today or shopping for recycle bins for offices, you can reach out to Ecobin. Call them at 1300 669 441 or 03 9571 3366 for more inquiries. You can also try their live chat to talk to one of their friendly customer service representatives from Mondays to Fridays at 9:00 AM-5: 00 PM.